Twenty-one current Healthy Start grantees recently received the Healthy Start Initiative: Eliminating Disparities in Perinatal Health: Action Plans for Infant Health Equity supplemental funding. With this supplement, grantees have an opportunity to develop an action plan that includes innovative data-driven policy and systems level strategies to address the social and structural determinants of health that impact infant mortality (IM) disparities in Healthy Start communities.
Along with the content found on this page, TASC will also be posting IHE related content to the Infant Health Equity Supplement CoLab group. This group is open to anyone who would like to access the content and utilize the group to connect with other Healthy Start grantees. To request a CoLab account or to be added to the group, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
IHE Supplement Kick Off Meeting Materials:
IHE Supplement October Webinar Materials:
IHE Supplement November Webinar Materials:
IHE Supplement December Webinar Materials:
IHE Supplement January Webinar Materials:
Action Plan Documents:
- Community Action Planning Toolkit – full fillable toolkit
- Overview of Action Planning – Version 3
- Resource Compendium – Version 3
- Resource Compendium – Version 3 (Fillable)
- Worksheet Packet 1-8 – Version 3
- Worksheet Packet 1-8 – Version 3 (Fillable)
- Follow-on TA Support Worksheet (Fillable)
- AMCHP Infant Mortality Toolkit
- Bay Area Regional Health Inequities Initiative (BARHII) Framework for Reducing Health
- County Health Rankings & Roadmaps Action Learning Guide: Understand and Identify Root Causes of Inequities
- National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine Report: Communities in Action-Pathways to Health Equity
- Racism as a Root Cause Approach: A New Framework
- Case Studies
Action Plan Grantee Showcase
To culminate the Action Plan creation process, the Healthy Start TA & Support Center (TASC) was thrilled to organize a 2022 Infant Health Equity (IHE) Action Plan Grantee Showcase Event. The Showcase Event consisted of two sessions on May 31 and June 6. The goals of this Showcase Event were to:
- Celebrate the tremendous accomplishments of the 21 HS grantees who took on this challenging task and created community-based and community-driven Infant Health Equity Action Plans.
- Highlight the resulting community action plans and provide grantees with a platform to share their accomplishments with the broader HS community.
- Foster cross-project sharing and innovation by providing a place for HS grantees to engage with each other and share lessons learned and recommendations.
- Share the technical assistance and capacity building resources created through this process with all HS grantees and the broader community.
Infant Health Equity Action Plan Grantee Showcase Event – Session 1
Infant Health Equity Action Plan Grantee Showcase Event – Session 2