On behalf of and in partnership with the Division of Healthy Start and Perinatal Services (DHSPS), the Healthy Start TA & Support Center at NICHQ is pleased to announce that the CAREWare for Healthy Start database officially launched on Friday, August 14, 2020!
- There is no cost or contract necessary for using the CAREWare database for Healthy Start grantees.
- The CAREWare database will continuously be developed to meet data collection and reporting needs for Healthy Start.
- Healthy Start grantees can customize the CAREWare database with custom fields, forms, and reports.
- The Healthy Start TA & Support Center provides ongoing support to assist grantees in learning more about and using the CAREWare database.
Please direct all questions and/or feedback regarding the CAREWare database (including requests for trainings and/or demonstrations) to email@example.com. The Healthy Start TA & Support Center will response within one to three business days.
CAREWare Database Updates
This newsletter is intended for any Healthy Start staff who is using or interested in learning about the developments of CAREWare to provide regular CAREWare updates and information, including, but not limited to the following:
- CAREWare Server Updates: Information about any server updates that have taken place.
- Features Spotlight: Resources and information about different features available in CAREWare.
- Events & Activities: Summary of upcoming and past CAREWare-related events and activities.
- Questions & Answers: Answers to questions received recently that may be helpful for all Healthy Start projects to be aware of.
- Other Resources: User guides and other tools to support the use of the CAREWare database.
To subscribe to the CAREWare Newsletter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you missed any of the newsletters, you can access them below:
Other Information and Resources
Information to Project Directors
Upon the release of the CAREWare database, an email was sent to all 101 Healthy Start project directors with the following information:
- Information on how to access the CAREWare database (including their unique usename and temporary password)
- An overview of CAREWare
- Frequently Asked Questions about CAREWare
- A CAREWare for Healthy Start User Guide
- The CAREWare User License Agreement
If any project directors cannot locate the email, please contact email@example.com.
CAREWare Training and Q&A Session
A virtual CAREWare training took place on Tuesday, August 18, 2020 from 3-4 p.m. ET. The training provided a walk-through of CAREWare, including information on accessing CAREWare; creating and managing user accounts; adding clients; using the Healthy Start Data Collection Forms; and accessing the Monthly Aggregate Report. To view the recording of the CAREWare training, please click here.
A CAREWare Q&A session was held on Tuesday, September 1, 2020 from 3-4 p.m. ET. Grantees were encouraged to try using CAREWare before and bring any questions to the session. To view the recording of the CAREWare Q&A session, please click here.
CAREWare for Healthy Start Workgroup
DHSPS and the TA & Support Center has comprised a workgroup of 15 Healthy Start project staff members who are committed to being early adopters of CAREWare, sharing their unique perspective on the database, and assisting the TA & Support Center as it builds out additional features. The goals of the Workgroup are to (1) gather feedback and recommendations on CAREWare from the user’s point of view; (2) help shape the creation and customization of additional database features; (3) identify opportunities and additional resources to support CAREWare adoption. The Workgroup will support DHSPS’ efforts to ensure that when the database is fully customized in January 2021, it is user-friendly and meets the grantees’ data reporting needs.