TA & Support Center Breastfeeding Events & Offerings
In June 2020, TASC launched the first Healthy Start Cohort: the Breastfeeding Cohort. Cohort members engaged in a six-month learning series, including webinars and Healthy Start CoLab activities. The inaugural Breastfeeding Cohort concluded in December 2020 and the second concluded June 2021. The goal of the Breastfeeding Cohort is to convene Healthy Start grantees – who are prepared to and interested in enhancing and strengthening their breastfeeding work – to create shared best practices for promoting, protecting, and advancing breastfeeding among Healthy Start clients.
Beyond COVID-19 Breastfeeding Webinar Series – 2021
To support Healthy Start grantees in providing breastfeeding support and meeting the two breastfeeding benchmarks, the Healthy Start TA & Support Center (TASC) has launched a three-part Beyond COVID-19: Breastfeeding Webinar Series. The goal of this webinar series is to enhance and strengthen Healthy Start grantees’ capacity to meet their client’s breastfeeding needs as we continue to navigate the changing landscape of the COVID-19 pandemic. The series features Cathy Carothers, IBCLC, FILCA, of Every Mother, Inc, who facilitated the previous TASC’s COVID-19 and Breastfeeding Webinar Series in fall of 2020.
- Webinar #1 – Building Community Partnerships to Promote and Support Breastfeeding (November 4, 2021)
- Webinar #2 – Demystifying the Secrets to Making Milk (November 18,2021)
- Webinar #3 – Solutions for Infant Breastfeeding Challenges (January 26, 2022)
COVID-19 & Breastfeeding Webinar Series – 2020
- Webinar #1 – The Impact of COVID-19 on Breastfeeding (October 20, 2020)
- Webinar #2 – Connecting with Participants During Unsettling Times (November 19, 2020)
- Webinar #3 – Supporting Breastfeeding Employees During COVID-19 (December 9, 2020)
- Webinar #4 – Best Practices for Virtual Breastfeeding Support During COVID-19 and Beyond (December 17, 2020)
Click the images below to view the COVID & Breastfeeding Webinar Series artifacts.
Parents and Breastfeeding
- Breastfeeding Cohort Webinar: Breastfeeding & Father Engagement (August 13, 2020)
- How to Talk to Parents About Breastfeeding: Starting the Conversation (May 12, 2015)
- An Overview of the H.U.G. Your Baby Program: Boosting Parent Confidence, Facilitating the Parent-Child Relationship & Promoting Breastfeeding Duration (February 10, 2015)
- ROSE Webinar: Legacy of Slavery & Impact of Racism on Breastfeeding (June 1, 2021)
- Breastfeeding Cohort Webinar: Motivational Interviewing (December 10, 2020)
- Breastfeeding Cohort Webinar: Breastfeeding & Substance Use (October 15, 2020)
- Breastfeeding Cohort Webinar: Myths & Misconceptions Around Breastfeeding (June 11, 2020)
- Introduction to the Healthy Start Breastfeeding Group (May 21, 2020)
- What’s Working in the Healthy Start Community to Support Breastfeeding (May 11, 2017)
- Training Opportunities to Support Breastfeeding Among Healthy Start (May 17, 2016)