Futures Without Violence (FUTURES) is delighted to announce a new Curriculum for Perinatal Case Management Programs! FUTURES has worked with Healthy Start Sites nationally for nearly two decades and this curriculum reflects what staff said they needed to best support themselves as well as their families around domestic violence.
Safe Homes/Safe Babies: A Train the Trainer Curriculum on Domestic Violence and Reproductive Coercion is a daylong training developed by FUTURES to support staff working with survivors of domestic violence. We see this webinar as an opportunity to give you a taste of the curriculum, talk about our work, and help you think about technical assistance and training needs within your regions and programs moving forward.
- Describe trauma-informed programming.
- Name two common reactions when caring for survivors of trauma.
- Identify two barriers to providers doing domestic violence assessment with clients.
- Describe why universal education using universal education using a safety card is important for helping clients experiencing domestic violence.
- Understand how safety card is an empowerment tool for clients and patients.
Intimate Partner Violence