Healthy Start programs are an invaluable resource for women, children and men to increase their understanding of the preventive services covered under the Affordable Care Act. For example, did you know that comprehensive breastfeeding support and counseling from trained providers, and access to breastfeeding supplies, for pregnant and nursing women is a covered benefit under Marketplace health plans at no charge to the client? This webinar will provide an overview of the preventive services that are covered for women, children and men. Given the substantial amount of content to cover the webinar has been divided up into three parts. The first webinar will be live. The two subsequent webinars will be recorded and available for listening shortly following the live webinar.
1. Identify the preventative health services for women (Part I), children (Part II), and men (Part III) available with no co-pay and deductible.
2. Describe access points for the service (Parts I – III)
3. Identify models of payments related to these services and how it might affect access and payment for the services (Part III)
4. Define barriers created by some states/insurers to reduce access to some services (Part III).
- Webinar Slides
- Handout 1
- Handout 2
- Handout 3
- Men’s Preventative Health Services
- Children’s Preventative Health Services
- Webinar Recording
Life Course Model
Prenatal Care and Education
Reproductive Life Planning/Family Planning
Socio-emotional Development for Children
STDs including HIV
Improve Women's Health
Father/Partner Parenting Involvement
Reproductive Life Plan
Well Child Visits
Well Woman Visits