In February 2016, the World Health Organization declared Zika a Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC). Healthy Start grantees can take action by connecting with, and supporting, their state or local health department’s Zika prevention activities and staying educated on the latest information about the virus. This webinar will provide an overview of Zika and prevention, specifically focused on pregnant women. It will also highlight how HRSA/MCHB is responding, and provide an opportunity for discussion related to Healthy Start’s involvement in the effort to educate communities and prevent the spread of the virus.
1. Have a fundamental understanding of the health risks the Zika virus presents to pregnant women and their unborn babies, and measures to prevent infection.
2. Discuss two actions Healthy Start programs can take to assist in the prevention of Zika virus disease.
3. Identify sources for additional information about Zika.
4. Share resources that Healthy Start grantees may use to educate themselves and program participants about Zika.
- Webinar Recording
- Webinar Slides
- Webinar Transcription
- Standing Water Half Page Card
- Prevent Mosquito Bites Flyer
- Zika Basics Half Page Card
Improve Women's Health
Well Woman Visits